Mindy Sue Cleveland Photographer

Mindy Sue Cleveland Photographer

Instagram

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Drum roll please

I often get asked about my lighting….. so I thought I would share my big seceret…….it is a big one.  It sets me apart from many other photographers. It is pretty amazing.  Drummmmmm roll please.

Sorry folks, I hate to disappoint, but I am a natural light photographer.  I have a whole professional light set collecting dust in my basement, so if anyone wants to take it off my hands, feel free.  It is not that I don't know how to use them, I most definitely do. It is that I don't care for the effect it gives.  Please don't take offense if that is your style. Power to you. It is just not me.

Of course I have my off-camera light set up that I use for weddings or when additional light is required…. and I do like doing cool effects with off-light flash but unless it is needed, I try to stay away from it.

The most important thing in my bag that allows me to do this is my nikon 50mm 1.4. I love love love this lens and it is attached to my camera 90% of the time.  Shooting at 1.8 gives me the ability to shoot in areas that otherwise would not be possible.   The images are amazingly sharp and it helps make the skin look amazing!!! That in addition to having a camera that can handle a higher ISO without all the noise.  I currently shoot with the Nikon D700 and love it's lowlight ability.

And here is another preview of the cutest senior ever….like all my seniors aren't the cutest seniors ever!!

No comments: