Mindy Sue Cleveland Photographer

Mindy Sue Cleveland Photographer

Instagram

Thursday, March 31, 2011

"If you want to be me, be me. And if you want to be you, be you."

So yesterday, I went to Jasmine Stars workshop here in Akron. AMAZING. If you are a photographer and are trying to hone your trade…. check her out!!!  I took many things away from this conference but the things that I can't currently get off my mind is the emphasis she put on being ME.  When I create blog posts or create advertising pieces, I am always thinking, "Well I don't want to turn this type of person off or I'd better not do it that way because it might not be someone else's style."  Well, today is a new day. And I pride myself in being open to change and today, we are changing!  And yes, I did just talk in third person.  As Star would say it, "If you are going to do it, do it You.   Don't just ruffle feathers… pluck chickens."
So what does plucking a chicken look like to me?  Not exactly sure yet.  However, I do know that from now on, I am not going to worry about me, my behavior, my style or my brand turning people off and away.  You can't please everyone right?  I am excited to be me!!!!  Feels kinda liberating!











I am ordering my thank you cards from this wonderful designer out of California. Her name is Julie Fisher, and she has this rockin' shop on Etsy.  She makes these amazing wedding invitations, save the dates, thank you cards and even business cards.  The shop is called Go Go Snap.  Did I mention that they are way affordable.  Did I also mention that she is totally easy and fun to work with. And no, she is not paying me to say this….. good idea though, come to think of it.    


1 comment:

Stacey said...

Mindy! I found you from a link of a link on a facebook page! How about that! You are beatiful-still-and I love seeing you and what you're doing! You're right: it is important to be true to the nature, gifts, and talents we have. Those things make us who we are! Stacey George