Mindy Sue Cleveland Photographer

Mindy Sue Cleveland Photographer

Instagram

Monday, February 24, 2014

Have a few extra precious minutes this winter and want to know what to spend it on? A few ideas below.




MOVIES-  I recently watched August: Osage County with Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep, so wonderful.  Logan and I had the opportunity to see the play when it came to Cleveland and I don't know which medium I enjoyed better.  I love how ludicrous the whole family is.  There is a scene where Julie wrestles Meryl to the ground while the whole family is in chaos all around them.  I just kept picturing how much fun it must have been to shoot that scene.  Great show.  Must see.  We also stopped into The Lego movie.  Freaking HILARIOUS.  It is a must see for ALL ages.  However if I have to hear song one more tome I might shoot myself.  My kids are singing it almost hourly at our house.  I am sure we will be in line to purchase it the day it comes out.  

DESSERT-  Logan made me the best gluten free chocolate  pie.  I gave a small piece to everyone and hoarded the rest.  Logan's gluten free pastry abilities are amazing.  His trick is the almond flour he incorporates in his flour blend. 

BOOKS-  I don't often have time to read so when I do make time the books I choose to read had better be good! My most recent reads were, The Fault in Our Stars, By John Green.  It was very well written.  Heart pulling.  Sad. Glad I read it.  Not sure I'd read it again.  I also just finished reading The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak.  It was awesome.  Another sad read.  Actually I cried.  This WWII book is just disaster after disaster.  If you are looking for uplifting and heart warming I would find a different book!  

RESTAURANTS- Oh my.... for Valentines day my hubby and I were able to go out on a little date together.  Not the easiest feet when you have four little ones but we did!  And it was awesome!!! We went to a little Ethiopian place near Cleveland called Empress Taytu.  It was amazing!  Talk about a little piece of culture.  Did I mention they are also very gluten free friendly? We ordered the lamb. When they bring it out to you it is served on a coal burning clay oven.  The meal is presented on one large plate for the whole  group and eaten with your hands (so I would suggest bringing people that have good hygiene).

I can't post without adding a little personal touch!
Sick little Stella Bella.   She NEVER falls asleep unless in her crib.  That is how I knew she wasn't doing so well.  Bless her!  






No comments: