Mindy Sue Cleveland Photographer

Mindy Sue Cleveland Photographer

Instagram

Saturday, January 24, 2015

perfectly loved.

My boys are all currently off to Oliver's basketball game.  I "had" to stay home so stella could nap.  Sometimes watching those games,  I would just rather  punch myself in the face then stay for the whole thing.  They are so painful to watch!!!!  Poor Oli is so short his face is often bouncing off the other boys sweaty chests.  But we go and we cheer and we support.  Mean while Logan and I are often conspiring together thinking how we can sway him into a more appropriate activity more suitable to his talents.  
I am looking at the laundry piling up the other room and the dishes in the sink and the tower of shoes in the front hall and all I want to do is make cookies with my girls and watch a movie.  I am sure Frozen will be the movie of choice.  We have only seen it 4.6 billion times.  Which is a lot since we only watch TV on Saturdays.  But they love it.  Which is crazy because the story line just offends me every time.  Sometimes I think they couldn't have possibly read the script before hand or they would  have never gone through with it!!! The only reason I allow my girls to watch it is because they sing every song together and it makes me so happy.  
The sky is dreary.
I try not to think about that or the ocean in North Carolina or the eternal blue skies in Idaho.  I also try not to think about all the cookies I am about to consume.  I try to think about ways to be a better mother and a less naggy wife.  I try to think of little ways for my children to serve one another as well as others.  I try to share my gratitude with God throughout the day.  I try to not be sad about my Idaho family so far away.  I try to be present for my little ones and actually hear what they are saying.   I don't want to be perfect, but I do want my children to feel perfectly loved. 

Photo credit.  The Amazing Jenny Gildea. 

No comments: