Mindy Sue Cleveland Photographer

Mindy Sue Cleveland Photographer

Instagram

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Better people

The light in my home is so pretty today with the reflection of the sun off the snow.  Baby it is cold outside!!  The big kids are off to school and I am delaying the inevitable…. house work. The kids were off yesterday so we played instead of cleaned.  What a great Monday it was.  We went out to lunch which totally sucked because the kids were so annoying.  But We then went off to the Cleveland Art Museum and that was nice.  Oliver kept asking me why all the people were naked.  In the kids section there was even a life size naked male statue.  Tulie went straight up to it and grabbed the male parts announcing to all  the full room of people, "Mom, he has a pee pee."  Awesome.
We then took the kids rock climbing which was my favorite part of the day.  I loved going rock climbing in college and so I thought my little ones might also like it.  And they did!  I couldn't keep them off the walls.  That made me really happy to see my kids enjoying something I love doing.  So we will see if we can create a new hobby.  I'd like that.
On our travels we talked about Martin Luther King and what he did with his life.  We played the I have a dream speech in the car and Oli asked lots of questions.  I could not imagine the courage he must have had.  What an amazing man!!!  How do we tech our children?  How do we help them be better people then we are?

No comments: