Mindy Sue Cleveland Photographer

Mindy Sue Cleveland Photographer

Instagram

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Teaching my children to give

I am sitting here tonight trying to think of a way to help my children be good kind human beings.  Sawyer was given a quarter today to put into the Salvation army bucket.  He didn't want to share it.  So rather then put it in the bucket he threw it across the parking lot.  How do we teach our children about Jesus, about giving (and not just at Christmas), about others.  How do we teach them that service brings happiness.  I am aware that it is hard for most kids to have charity and that many times it needs to be taught but teaching it/ living it I feel doesn't seem to be getting through their little heads.  Being a parent is hard many times we (Logan and I) feel like failures, but I am grateful for the challenge.  My goal when I am through this year is that when asked my children will respond that Christmas is about Jesus, with a little bit of Santa.

No comments: